My Women's Institute Craft group project
The best bit : -
All sides open up to reveal chocolatey goodness in the inner box
I plan to present my daughter's traditional Terrys chocolate Orange in this way
The craft group are all taking their trees to the WI meeting this Friday
so I will try and remember to take photos of everyone's efforts
I've made these flowers before but gave them a Christmassy feel
using Christmas fabric I've had for ages
Good for making cards, present toppers and I plan to turn one into a brooch
as I am supposed to wear a Christmas jumper one evening and I don't have one
and don't want to buy one for one evening (that's the spirit!)
I have been having a clear out lately and found my attempt at crocheting an
alpaca from my crochet phase last year.
I didn't have the heart to throw him away and my daughter is meeting
up with a couple of her friends from Uni next week - one of who lives on an
alpaca farm (hence my efforts last year) so I thought I would make
it into a card to give her a chuckle
Her other friend loves dogs so of course I couldn't leave her out
so a Grommit inspired doggy card was made.
I have my first ever attempt at a Christmas pudding in the slow cooker
and am off to decorate the lounge - enjoy your Sunday. . .
xx




Squeeeee! I love all your crafts, Jayne! The tree-box is amazing and that Grommit is absolutely adorable. I haven't even started with holiday things yet - maybe next week will put up the tree and decorate.
ReplyDeleteThat Christmas tree box is fantastic, and will be perfect for a chocolate orange. The alpaca made me smile, and so did Grommit!
ReplyDeleteChristmas jumpers - when did they become a "thing"? School is doing a Christmas jumper day, but like you, I can't be doing with buying stuff for one day, so I'll tack some tinsel and a bauble or two onto an existing sweatshirt and that'll have to do! xxx
The tree box is beautiful, and if it includes chocolate it's just perfection! I know what you mean about crafting mojo - my was gone for a while, and then I got two custom orders to make. Now I want to do more, and more, and more! I should have done some fabulous cards like yours (but I didn't).
ReplyDeleteYou are so clever! I adore those crochet cards especially, they are worthy of framing!
ReplyDeleteI like Curtise's idea of pimping up an existing jumper. There's far too much money spent at this time of year as it is and you are a "thrifty" type! xxx
I love the box and the poinsettia fabric you used. It would be fun to get anything in that box, but chocolate would be just about perfect!
ReplyDeleteThe Christmas box is spectacular. The WI is such an interesting organisation with a long history. I'm glad to see it is still alive and well for a new generation with women like yourself. Anyone would be thrilled with such lovely cards to display-it would be hard to put them away.
ReplyDeleteWe call them, "Ugly Christmas Sweaters", which is an apt name. I have one, about 30 years old that an elderly neighbour made for me (penguins in stocking caps). I thought part of the appeal is it must be hand-knit (badly) by someone you know. Buying one just seems not in the spirit of things. I'd never get rid of the penguin sweater, but wearing it in public is quite another matter.
Oh the puppy and alpaca cards are sooo cute ... I love them :0)
ReplyDeletexx
They are great! Love the cards :D
ReplyDeleteThe tree is amazing! what a wonderful idea, and with chocs too! your crochet cards are also so lovely, i can't crochet to save my life and Christmas jumpers! like Curtise I think you could make one, some felt in a tree design and baubles, couldn't be more tasteful! (well for me anyways!) x x x
ReplyDelete