Wednesday, 8 October 2014

My trip to North Wales

I visited North Wales recently to accompany my daughter on the first week of her month long work placement.  While she was at work I had my days to myself so I bought a weekly bus pass and went somewhere different everyday to explore the area.

I did lots of walking too but decided to visit the cinema in Rhyl one afternoon to see the movie Pride.

The cinema was £8 to see a movie on a weekday afternoon so, as I was living a retirement lifestyle with my bus pass (albeit one I had to pay for) I thought I would ask for a senior ticket as this was £5, so quite a difference.  The girl on the till tried to sell me a VIP seat but didn't bat an eyelid at my request for a senior ticket, so going grey is saving me money - some consolation.

She directed me to the screen and told me I could sit anywhere but the back two rows.  When I went into the screen it was a bit dark so I found an empty seat and then realised that pretty much everyone except me and another couple of ladies were in the back two rows - all those naughty Welsh seniors were a bit quicker than me to work that out and settle into what I assume were the VIP seats - cheeky!

I don't know if you have seen the movie but I thoroughly enjoyed it and there is a very funny line from Imelda Staunton's character which involves taking the mickey out of one of the Lesbian and Gay group's characters who is from Rhyl - being as I was seeing the movie in Rhyl, this took on extra hilarity and those naughty welsh ladies in the VIP seats were in stitches. . . 

A few photos from my trip:-


Smallest house in Conwy



Conwy Castle

Lifeboat in Rhyl

Betws y Coed

National Park emblem at Betws y Coed


xx

10 comments:

  1. I love your photos from North Wales. Great idea to join your daughter and have a look around. Wouldn't you love to see the inside of that tiny red house? I would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great to have a chance to visit a new place. I'm just glad I get to visit it vicariously through you. I hope your daughter's work experience is going well ( or has gone-is she finished now? ) I agree with Cynthia-it would be so cool to see the inside of that wee house. I haven't heard about the movie Pride but now that I know about it I will try to catch it. Now, I'm off to dye my hair grey so I can get senior discounts!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an opportunity too good to miss, especially as I had so much annual leave left to use up at work and nothing special to do with it. My daughter returns this weekend, she has enjoyed her time in N Wales but says she is ready to come home. Alf will be pleased to see her I'm sure. x

      Delete
  3. Ahh ... the seniors discount ...one of the few things we can all look forward to about getting older ;0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there has to be some perks to getting older :) xx

      Delete
  4. Great that you got a discount, the cinema is so expensive! Love the tiny house and the Snowdonia sign is very familiar. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't the cinema pricey now? Good thing you had your bus pass!
    Love the pics, haven't been to North Wales in many, many years. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jayne: This weekend I turn 55 and I will be able to get senior discounts here. I'm actually looking forward to it.

    Lovely photos!!

    You're the second blogger that I follow that has recently seen that movie - and the other blogger is from Wales, and may have seen the film at the same place you did. I hope that it comes to our little movie theatre here. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that the lovely John? I read his blog too.

      I've just had a birthday too, I have one more year on you.

      I found some more photos on my phone today so I have done another post xx

      Delete
    2. Happy belated birthday! Yes, it was John - I wonder if you went on the same day.

      Oooh, going to look at your new post now! xox

      Delete