- My dear son got good grades in his A levels and got into his first choice University.
- My dear daughter got good grades in her foundation degree and got into her first choice university to complete the full degree next year.
- Our second host for our trip to Munich cancelled our agreement a week before our arrival date. Fortunately we found a third host at very short notice and had a lovely time in Munich.
- The Dortmund v Augsburg football match was amazing! Dortmund fans are fantastic and everyone we met at the match was so friendly. Thank you German football fans.
- While we were in Munich our much loved cat Annie passed away. We miss her dreadfully and the house just doesn't seem right without her.
- I have just returned from a week in North Wales, staying in a chalet while my dear daughter did the first week of one month's work experience at a local zoo.The sun shone and I enjoyed exploring with my weekly bus pass.
- My son leaves for uni this weekend and Mr NMDS and I will be alone with Alf - it's going to be very strange.
Rest in Peace Annie
We all miss you
xxxx

It's really good to see a post from you again, even if the news of your summer is mixed... So pleased that your kids are doing well and moving on with their lives, thank goodness the Munich trip happened in the end, despite the hassle, but oh such sad news about your lovely Annie. How we miss our pets when they go. Hope the empty nest won't feel too weird. xxxx
ReplyDeleteThanks Curtise, I'm a bit behind with my blog reading so will catch up on your blog soon xx
DeleteHow wonderful to hear from you, Jayne! Wonderful news regarding your children, and glad that the trip went well. So very sorry about Annie ((hugs))). Empty nest took a little getting used to (for me) - I wish you and Mr. all the best! x
ReplyDeleteHi Carol, thanks for the hugs and best wishes xx
DeleteOh poor Annie ... I'm so sorry to hear that :0(
ReplyDeletexx
Hi Jo, thanks for your comment. As I said to Curtise I am a bit behind on my blog reading but will pop over to your blog soon to catch up on you and your family xx
DeleteI'm so sorry about Annie. Loosing a pet is a hard thing.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a fab summer, my brother loves going to Germany to see games, he says the fans are wonderful. xxx
Thanks Vix.
DeleteI'm not really a massive football fan but the atmosphere at the game in Augsburg was just so friendly and the fans were very helpful explaining everything to us that I couldn't help but have a fantastic time. Dortmund won 3-2 so my son was very happy. xx
So good to see you back! I am so sorry about Annie. She was a sweetheart... I am glad that your Summer otherwise was full of happy events, and your children do so wonderfully well! Hugs! xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about Annie.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to have you back and I hope the house isn't feeling too empty, new starts and adventures for everyone and new routines, I wish you and the Mr well x x x
So sorry about Annie-pets give us so much that it is heartbreaking when they go.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your children have landed where they wished. I have a bit of time before university applications, but I understand it can be traumatic when they don't get their first (second, third) choice. It sounds like an exciting time for them, and you.
I've missed you! So sorry about Annie. Our beloved pets who pass on always leave a little empty spot in our lives. Congratulations to your children for their successes and it sounds like you managed to have some enjoyable activities and trips this summer too. I'm looking forward to reading your posts again when you get back at it and seeing what needle wizardry you get up to.
ReplyDeletexoxo