I thought I had more photos of my trip to Wales:-
Llandudno pier
View from top of Gt Orme, Llandudno
It was a bit of a climb but not too bad
Bit misty but it kept brightening up as the day went on
Sheep atop Gt Orme
I didn't know Lewis Carroll had a connection to Llandudno
Read more here Alice in Wonderland
Cheshire Cat
Swallow Falls near Betws y Coed
Swallow Falls
These were a lovely walk away from Betws y Coed village
Luckily it all worked out well to get my bus back
which was only once every two hours
Shortly after I returned from Wales it was time to take my son off to university
Here is Alf amid the stuff, wondering what is happening
I was listening to Tracey Emin speaking on the radio about
her latest exhibition in London
With all the changes recently and another birthday last week,
I feel like I am embarking on a
last great adventure myself . . .
Starting with more time off work - yippee!
xx








Hurrah for a great adventure and more time off work!!! Wishing your children all the best in their new adventures.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link re: Alice - I love reading about that sort of thing - and more photos. xox
Happy Belated Birthday to you too, hope you had a lovely day x
DeleteWell hopefully not a LAST great adventure ... but a great adventure with many more to come!
ReplyDeleteI'm not to sure about that Cheshire Cat ... he looks a little demented ;0)
xx
I didn't know about the Lewis Carroll connection either. Love the pier and Alf overlooking the packing! x
ReplyDeleteLovely waterfalls. Although we have beautiful countryside here in Sussex we don't have many hills or waterfalls, just the downs.
ReplyDeleteBriony
x
Plenty of hills where I am but no where near the sea and no waterfalls - I've always loved waterfalls.
DeleteYour trip must have been really fun with all you were able to see and do from a bus. I love the waterfalls and the gorgeous vistas.
ReplyDeleteGetting the bus everywhere was very relaxing, my bedtime reading was the bus timetable.
DeleteWas it your birthday last week? Happy Birthday, dear friend! And congratulations on your next adventure in love. I know it will be wonderful, filled with lots of your hobbies, interests, travels and just more free time to enjoy yourself. Maybe a little more blogging too. :) I really enjoyed your posts and photos from the trip. The views are magnificent. I adored the little red house, and waterfalls are some of my favorite nature wonders to see. Well done on spending so much time all by yourself discovering the area. You are an adventurous woman! I sincerely hope that your kids are happy with their new adventures in life too! xxxxx
ReplyDeleteI meant to say "adventure in life", but "adventure in love" sounds good too! :)
DeleteWales is so lovely and I hope to see it in person some day, but in the meantime I am happy to have your pictures to take me there. Belated wishes of happiness for your birthday, Jayne! I hope you had a lovely and special day. I hope that your new adventures will show up on your blog so we can celebrate your journey with you! I love your quiet, calm and determined progress forward.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Happy Birthday.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have many, many adventures to come. I have a few years until the empty nest (who am I kidding-he'll never move out) but I do understand the feeling of your life shifting with age. Thank you for sharing your photos of Wales-it looks lovely.