Sunday, 19 October 2014

More travels - Devon and Cornwall

For many years we have been travelling to Croyde in North Devon, initially camping at a Surf festival with two other couples and our respective children.  The children have long since stopped coming with us all, we have upgraded from camping to a chalet and now go in the autumn (hence the upgraded accommodation, far too cold to be camping in the autumn in the UK) - there isn't a surf festival then which we miss, but we just love the area and I have been known to don a wet suit and body surf those gentler Atlantic waves.

Weather was mixed this trip but we still managed to enjoy some sculpture in the fresh air:-










A chocolate shop in the rain

that warm glow drew us in like moths to a flame 

New, beautiful places to visit when Mr NMDS and I carry on into Cornwall
for our first holiday with just the two of us for many years


Boscastle Harbour
Ten years ago there was a huge flood
Read more here

Tintagel Castle was magical


I am rubbish at holiday style
I lived all week in my outdoor walking trainers which 
have seen better days
The weather kept changing by the minute so I had my 
jumper tied around my waist alot

However, I haven't joined in Patti's Visible Monday
for soooooo long and I'm hoping 
this discreet photo of my holiday style qualifies me to join in
Check out the rest of the much more stylish visibles  here.

I'll leave you with a couple of photos
of the view from Tintagel Castle
It was so beautiful, I didn't want to leave




And I still have another week off work - hurray!


xx

13 comments:

  1. Great to see you! I can see why you'd want to stay amidst the sculptures and the gorgeous sea views. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello....coming over from Visible Monday.
    I'm yet to make it to either Devon or Cornwall, but both are firmly on my staycation list. That Boscastle Harbour looks fabulous, so picturesque

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos … I wouldn't be able to resist going into that chocolate shop either ;0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful! Mmmmm a cozy sweet shop after a cool hike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rather like your holiday style-relaxed and fun.

    I could be motivated to hike knowing there was chocolate at the end of the trail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos, love the sculptures and Tintagel castle, really magical.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tintagel looks amazing, and I always enjoy sculptures in the open air, makes them seem more accessible somehow. Glad to know you had a good trip! Blimey, were those floods in Boscastle really ten years ago? Where has that decade gone?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look wonderful!! And enjoy your week off. Happy Monday, Jayne.

    And those sculptures are fascinating - I esp like that last two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those outdoor sculptures are enchanting! So happy you shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see you on Visible Monday again, Jayne. Both the sculptures and scenery are stunning.Sound like a great break.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely place to go for a holiday. I love the sculptures surrounded by nature, and te beautiful, rugged coastline. I hope you enjoy your second week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I wouldn't want to leave either! Your pictures are gorgeous! Cornwall is where Doc Martin was filmed, yes? Pardon my ignorance. Oh I'd live there right in that village in a small old cottage, no need for castle. :) I so understand your need to feel comfortable and at ease. It's why I almost never dress up staying at home. Loved the sculpture park a lot! Have a great rest of your break. It sounds like you know how to spend your time in a fun, creative and memorable way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that's the most welcoming chocolate shop I've ever seen - aren't the sculptures incredible? the trio of female figures is sublime - your holiday looked beautiful (is it so bad, I can't wait for me and Dave to go away on our own! it is bad haha!) x x x

    ReplyDelete