Friday, 8 August 2014

Football and foreign trips

Bit of a strange week this week.  

I am planning a trip to Munich later on in the summer - taking my son and daughter with me.  I had flights and accommodation all organised and my son decided he would like to attend a football match while we are there. He quickly learnt that the tickets sold out in a heartbeat after they were released online and we subsequently learnt that most tickets seem to get allocated to season ticket holders and then become available at marked up prices on the second hand market - great.

We steeled ourselves and bought a couple of tickets on a well known ticketing website which seems to be favoured by German football clubs.  The message came back 'Awaiting ticket allocation' after we entered my credit card details.  The following day the transaction disappeared from the website and on calling a customer services line I was told that no transaction was recorded. In some ways we were relieved as we weren't sure when they would be delivered and whether we should have them delivered to our Munich rental apartment or our UK address and if it was our Munich address we would have to hang around for delivery - all a bit complicated.

Then on Wednesday this week the person renting us an apartment in Munich cancelled our booking - so now we have no football tickets and no apartment.

I set about finding a new apartment and made some more enquiries and awaited replies.  After dropping my son at work yesterday in the early evening, I was debating whether to have a potter around our local village but decided to just return home and try and sort out the accommodation for our trip. No sooner had I returned home and sat down with a cup of tea than there was a knock at the door with a delivery from Germany - yes, you've guessed it, the German football tickets I hadn't bought!

I had to laugh as now I was the proud owner of a couple of tickets to the big game but no-where to stay.

Thankfully I now have a new arrangement for an apartment in Munich in the same area as we were staying before, so for the moment calm is restored.

I hope for no more dramas with this trip. . . 

To counteract all this carry on I think we need a photo or two of Alf:


He went under the kitchen units when we had the fridge out

Sleeping in the late afternoon sun

xx




10 comments:

  1. A black cat adorned with cobwebs - Alf should have a walk-on part in a Hammer House of Horror film!
    What a bizarre story about those football tickets. Oh well, all sorted now - hope you have a good trip! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the cobweb cat is just wonderful, I bet it didin't stay there for long.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy fiasco - but so glad it has all sorted out!
    Ahhh, Alf is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alf is so cute.
    What a palaver with the football tickets and accommodation, glad you managed to finally get everything sorted. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These things are meant to teach us patience, I guess. At least it sounds like it's all working out now, and the trip should be lots of fun! When I was in Bavaria we skipped the city, but we had such wonderful food everywhere we went.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alf looks embarrassed, poor fellow.

    I'm glad you were able to find accommodations. I suppose you could always re-sell the tickets if unable to attend, but what a hassle. I've never attended a sporting event in another country. I've done so in other cities, and it can be a very strange experience. Ought to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Alf looked bit embarrassed as well.
      A football match in Germany will be an experience, not my first choice but I'll just go with the flow.

      Delete
  7. Well all's well that ends well :0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alf's cobweb veil is de rigeur among curious cats! I'm so glad everything resolved itself, what a palaver though! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realise until I'd finished reading that I was holding my breath. Whew!! xo

    ReplyDelete