Light, unlined, jacket - jumble sale, best 20p I have ever spent
I can look work smart without feeling too formal or overheating
Great Plains high waisted trousers (like trousers used to be) - Oxfam
T shirt - Asda
Shoes - Iain Rennie Hospice Shop
Necklace - borrowed from my daughter
When I get home from work I usually like to relax and catch the last of the sun
before it leaves the garden by reclining on my swing seat,
but today there have been some storms
and it still might rain so I have the cushions in storage
In other news I had a parcel through the post last week
all the way from America, very exciting.
It was from the lovely Carol at the cow jumped over the moon
Carol had knitted some gorgeous cabled boot cuffs which she
had included in one of her posts
and which I was coveting madly.
So, when she admired a mandala I had crocheted, I wasted no time
in suggesting a swap - you've guessed it, a mandala for some boot cuffs.
Luckily she said 'Yes' - hurray!
Fabulously neat boot cuffs, a tin of soothing Sleep Balm
Burts Bees hand salve and some Wildflower Sprinkle Seeds
And those lovely little tins I can use when I have sprinkled, balmed and salved!
Thank you Carol, I love it all.
I don't cope well with the heat we have been experiencing here in the UK
It's okay if I don't have to go to work or cook tea
or do laundry, or cleaning or anything much at all really.
I did visit some nearby gardens the other day with Mr NMDS
These cows looked even more hot and bothered than me
Stay Cool
xx



You look fabulous. That 20p was money well spent.
ReplyDeleteThat parcel looks lovely, what gorgeous gifts.
Its never too hot for me, long may this heat last! xxx
Money well spent indeed, that jacket looks cool and comfortable. Love the cows. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!
ReplyDeleteYou look quite the lady of leisure, elegantly draped on your swing seat in pristine white! Did you get rain? Could do with some here, my poor garden is parched.
ReplyDeleteLovely gifts, aren't bloggers a kind bunch? xxx
Hello dear Jayne: You look absolutely cool and refreshed sitting there in your swing in the corner of your garden! Wishing I could send some of our "Polar Vortex" coolness to you. I absolutely loved swapping with you, and hope that we can do it again. (And those cows look miserable, but awfully cute!) x
ReplyDeleteLoved that photo of you! You always look chic. 20 p! It blows my mind! What a lovely parcel you got, all the way from another side of the world. So exciting!
ReplyDeleteHope you can find ways to stay cool - by the pool, lake or at a movie theater! :)
Lovely cool white clothes for those hot spells - just like they wear in the tropics, I imagine. But I bet you're longing for the days when you can wear those cool new boot cuffs! It's hot here, too - 34C, probably every day this week. Well, it only happens for a few weeks out of the year, so I don't mind too much.
ReplyDeleteHa … no problems staying cool here … I'm toasting my toes by the fire as I type.
ReplyDeletexx
Jayne, the summer white is perfect.20p what a bargain.Hopefully your weather will soon change to your liking.
ReplyDeleteYou say you don't like the heat but you look really cool laying on your swing and even cooler knowing the you look so good for so little.
ReplyDeleteHas anyone told you that you look a bit like Paula Yates, you may take this as a complement or not, lol
Briony
x
Hi Briony, I can honestly say no-one has ever told me I look a bit like Paula Yates. I was told I look like one of the women from Desperate Housewives which I was never into but I did google the character at the time out of curiosity. Her name escapes me now. It's difficult to see resemblances that others see I think, but I don't mind resembling Paula Yates, I can think of worse people!
Delete20p!! how brilliant? the jacket is beautiful and I adore the pic of you reclining so elegantly - the gift is great, boot cuffs are fab (I'm thinking of colder weather already) it's much cooler today, thank God! x x x
ReplyDeleteHi there! I think you look great here. Good color on you! You'll get a ton of use from those boot cuffs I'm sure. I love them!
ReplyDeleteOh you look so elegant and chic in that white outfit! I love it! I love boot cuffs and need to learn to knit a cable stitch so I can make some. Currently I tend to just cut off the sleeves of wool sweaters.
ReplyDeleteI don't like heat much either and we are in the high twenties-low thirties here. Yuck! I feel like that cow.
xoxo
What a lovely, summery outfit you have put together ... of course I look first at the shoes, and these are summer-classic-cuties! Excellent combinations, young lady. So nice to get a care-packet from a sister blogger over here. Lucky you!
ReplyDeleteAwwwh ... cattle!