Sunday, 8 June 2014

A bear is born . . .

I gave birth to a baby bear tonight, may I present:


Luckily a dress from the dolls of my childhood fitted just fine
I'm not sure I would have the patience to make clothes aswell

xx

20 comments:

  1. It's lovely, so cute! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - it was a bit of an experiment but it turned out better than I thought it might. I think making the clothes would take longer than the bear itself so I'm glad I still had the dolls clothes my mum knitted for me all those years ago.

      Delete
  2. OH she is so sweet! I love her! Does she have a name? I have just named her Lucinda in my head. Does that horrify you?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to take great delight in naming the dolls of my childhood and remember them all. Maureen, Elizabeth and Joanna and a bear called Christopher.
      I hasn't thought of a name for this bear but I rather like Lucinda so Lucinda it is. xx

      Delete
    2. My dolls and teddies all had names too. I even named my ex's car when we were first dating. I like names.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. She is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, it's a while since I did any knitting so I enjoyed having a go at making something different.

      Delete
  4. You know there are all sorts of stuffed animals out there but your little bear has one of the sweetest little faces I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, she's so lovely. Those ears, and the facial expression are making me swoon. How nice that you still have the beautiful doll clothes your mother made. This post cheered me so much, I may just bookmark it for days when I need a smile. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Goody, I love the fact that my mum and I have collaborated on this project after all these years.

      Delete
  6. She is precious! Love her sweetest face... How truly amazing is that you and your Mum collaborated, Jayne - a very, very deeply touching thought... Hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalia for your lovely comment xxx

      Delete
  7. Congratulations hehe! your baby bear is adorable x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pain free birth, not even gas and air!! xxx

      Delete
  8. Oh what a cutie! Her face is rather sad, but that's all the better. Gorgeous frock she has too - isn't that the perfect collaboration? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boo, my comment just disappeared, bloody Blogger...
    I said - your little bear is such a cutie. She has a rather sad expression, but I like it. And her little frock made by your mum is the perfect touch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, there it is! And now I've left THREE comments - sorry, Jayne! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad my bear didn't end up scary!

      Delete
  11. She is just TOO cute ... what a face :0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete