I have been trying to brighten up the house.
I crocheted some mandalas and a jam jar cover:
I made up the jam jar cover as I went along
I also decided to do something different and made a mixed media collage :
and a little card
Made from an old jumper
Can you tell I have some time to myself
without work getting in the way. . .
xx






Jayne, how wonderful they all are! I especially love the third mandala. I haven't tried anything new lately - have been knitting a lot of boot cuffs (I have memorized the pattern so it's a no-brainer) while watching TV as the end of the summer I will have a little booth at the summer farmers market and hope to sell a few.
ReplyDeleteLast year I was making things to sell on a Christmas craft stall so it's been good just to have a bit of fun and experiment with things
DeleteI would definitely buy a mandala!
DeleteLet me know if you fancy swapping a mandala for a pair of boot cuffs . . .
DeleteYES!!!
DeleteHow cute! I love the wee dog on the card. I keep telling myself I am going to learn to crochet a granny square so I can make a blanket of them. I keep on not getting around to that. I love the mandalas, what a great idea. I love the idea of making one with really fine cotton thread so that it is like embroidery and then stitching it onto a denim jacket. I like that idea so much I think you should do it becaues I never will. LOL
ReplyDeletexoxo
I like that idea, I might just do that on your behalf!
DeleteThe card is such a great idea. I have old knits that can't be fixed, that would be a lovely way to give the fabric one last use.
ReplyDeleteI do like craft with an element of 'make do and mend'. I think partly because it gives me confidence to have a go as the raw materials haven't cost much. Maybe you could have a go with some of your items which don't pass the 'donate back to charity' test
DeleteWhat beautiful makes. I especially love the little dog on the card. It's lovely when you manage to grab a bit of time to yourself isn't it?
ReplyDeleteIt certainly is, I have all week off work and I love that feeling of waking up and not having to be in a set routine
DeleteThese are lovely! The upcycled Scottie Dog especially! x
ReplyDeleteI wanted a simple shape that would still be recognisable and this seems to work. Thanks.
DeleteI'm loving your crochet ... I've only recently tried crochet for the very first time ... but found it hugely fun. I'm afraid I need a lot more practise before I get anywhere near as neat as yours though.
ReplyDeletexx
Keep practising Jo . . .
DeleteLovely! Isn't it nice to have some time to yourself, to do what you want? Love that woolly Scottie dog card, and all the fab colours in your crochet. xxx
ReplyDeleteIt's heavenly having time to myself.. . .
DeleteYour crochet is pretty amazing! so good! the jam jar cover is fab, I just cannot get the hang of crochet and end up with crochet thimbles x x x
ReplyDeleteI love the bright colors in your crocheted pieces!
ReplyDeleteyou are so clever , i wished i could do it !!!. best wishes x.
ReplyDelete