I had an exciting afternoon out this week as I was lucky enough to go to a garden party at Buckingham Palace. The WI is 100 years old this year and the Garden Party was to celebrate the centenary, quite a few of the Royal ladies belong to the WI. I saw Camilla and Sophie and had a lovely tea. Thankfully it didn't rain but it was very windy and lots of ladies had to chase after their hats across the lawns. I re-thought my outfit at the last minute as I didn't fancy struggling with an umbrella, hat and handbag. Plus it was quite chilly. But none of that mattered and I had a great time.
photo courtesy of our local paper Bucks Free Press
xx

Jayne, how fabulous, and I have to say I am super envious! You know I want to be a WI-er. I wish I could see the photo in the newspaper better - my eyes are so bad (I need new glasses, and instead of bi-focals I probably need tri-focals!) Which one are you in that photo? Happy to hear that you had a wonderful time!!
ReplyDeleteHi Carol, I feel very lucky to have gone, once in a lifetime experience.
DeletePhoto isn't the best quality, I am at the back of the photo (tall people at the back as instructed by the photographer) and am obstructed by the lady waving her arm . . .
Ooh, get you, hobnobbing with the Royals! Glad you enjoyed the garden party, that's quite an experience. xxx
ReplyDeleteI know, once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm very grateful for the chance to go and represent the WI. xx
DeleteHow fantastic ... what an experience :0)
ReplyDeletexx
Hi Jo, It was a truly fantastic experience, I had a great time x
DeleteGrrr, Blogger ate my long comment!
ReplyDeleteIn short,
The royals ought to be in awe of the WI members. Great organisation that does great work, and deserves a public acknowledgement.
How exciting!! and I think it's brilliant you have all been justly recognised and what an incredible experience! x x x
ReplyDeleteSo you are hobnobbing with royalty now and have not time for blogging! It sounds like you had a lovely time and I'm so glad the WI was recognised. xoxo
ReplyDelete