Don't mind if I do.
Any cake involving fruit was the theme
We had lots of cake to choose from with mugs of tea to wash it all down
My outfit for this event was anything with lycra and an elastic waistband
Apple, pear and apricot - Cherry
Lemon
Apricot and almond
Raspberry and almond
Blackberry and apple
Pineapple and apricot
Blueberry muffin cake
Of course you have to try them all, it would be rude not to.
Terrible way to spend an afternoon.
And with all that fruit, they all count as one of my government recommended five portions of fruit and veg per day, so I am actually ahead of my daily quota.
xx







I need some dessert - now!
ReplyDelete(Are you at one of those Cake Clubs? A friend of mine from Stafford told me about those. Which one did you make? )
It was a Womens Institute (WI) event - one of our members belongs to a cake club and she suggested we ran an event along similar lines. Mine is the blueberry muffin cake made from a Delia Smith recipe.
DeleteYum yum yum! Yay-good for you for making the quota. My gluten intolerance would save my waistline but make me feel mighty depressed at a cake party.
ReplyDeleteI think I would have disgraced myself with all that cake! elasticated waisted garments are a must with all of that delicious-ness, what a great way to spend an afternoon! x x x
ReplyDeleteThey all look rather delicious! xx
ReplyDelete